Monday, 5 September 2011

Darri daari camel hair wool handicraft floor mat rug

Darri, Camel Wool
Handmade, Floor Mat, Rug


A Darri (Rug) is a popular handicraft made of pure camel hair wool. In this process they first of all gather the camal hair and then made it wool by hand and this is one of difficult process of making camel hair wool. This is a famous handicraft of the people of Sindh, Pakistan.
The Darri (Rug) which we are selling is a classical master piece of art. After the difficult process of changing camel hair into wool, the whole process of making this rug is by hand. It is very time consuming process. It almost took a month to complete this kind of rug. The making process is done by the khaddi’s (local handmade looms) and by hand, you can see the picture in our description images, the sindhi local women and men are doing this time consuming job. 
The 80% of this rug is made of camal hair wool and the rest 20% which is the designing of the rug is made of different colors thread of cotton. On the back side of the rug you will see the whole background of camel hair wool and colorful cotton threads. Over and backside of  the rug in some place you will see the knots which clearly reflect that it is made by hand and over the khaddi’s (local handmade looms). On the both width side on the backside of the rug there is a natural camel hair.

ebay, online sale

No comments:

Post a Comment